Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Photo Challenge days 2 through 4

Day 2: What you wore today


I've always been really proud of my "style". But since my body has changed so much in a *ahem* curvy sort of way, I've had to learn to dress for a new body type. Since I'm on a budget, I couldn't very well go out and buy all new clothes, so I've resorted to wearing things that I've had shoved in the back of my closet. I've also started to dress out of convenience and level of comfort, rather than fashion. There's a reason Moms wear "mom jeans."  I wear a lot more t-shirts, especially baggy ones, because well, they just hide my still lumpy tummy just right, and jeans are a must, opposed to skirts that I wore a lot of previously (it's not a good thing to pick a baby up off the floor and she decides to grab your skirt on the way up!) This shirt I'm wearing is one I got at a thrift store a couple of years ago for a murder mystery dinner party. It's so comfy, shaped just perfectly, and it was a bargain! And the jeans are a new pair I got for my birthday and I am so proud because they are only 1 size bigger than my pre-preggo pants (as opposed to the 3 sizes bigger ones I've had to wear the last 6 months) You can't tell in the picture, but I am also wearing a necklace of Mt. Shasta that my wonderful mother-in-law Robyn gave me!

Day 3: Clouds


Not much to say here. I just liked these lights and the tree, and the clouds were pink from the sunset!
Day 4: Something Green
 Bryant and I went to the mall to pick up a movie we ordered and I wanted to pop into Tai Pan trading to look at Halloween decorations. Instead, I found a Christmas tree... In October...
It doesn't make sense to me either...


4 comments:

  1. Oh I hear ya on all that! It is hard to find clothe because your body has changed. I actually went shopping the other day for a pair of jeans and I can no longer fit into the style of junior pants. The weird curves are just too much and now I'll most likely be in misses from here on out. 8) I still have some tummy flab too, so no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photo of the clouds. Great work! Your outfit is superchic too. Not sure what to say about the Christmas tree photo. Couldn't have they have waited until Halloween had passed? Honestly. *shakes head*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Lindsay, I know what you mean, when I bought those pants, I headed for the junior section and Bryant said "um, you might want to head to the misses section..." and he was right... And Diana, I have always felt like Thanksgiving gets the shaft from people gearing up for Christmas by then, but Halloween too? What is this world coming to!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! It doesn't bother me as much with Thanksgiving, since the holiday involves little decoration. But Halloween?! Next thing you know Christmas trees will start popping up July 5.

    ReplyDelete