Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Crash, Bang, Boom!

Ok, so there was a crash, but no "bang" or "boom".

Our Thanksgiving weekend definitely ended on a crazy note.

Sunday, Bryant, Savannah and I were on our way to my Aunt's home. We had turned a corner and there was a car ahead of us that was pulling off to the side of the road, then slowed almost to a complete stop. We continued on foreword and then suddenly, the car decided that he was going to pull a U-turn... right into our car. He hit the front/side of my car and since Bryant was driving, I was pinned in on my side, with the other driver facing me. Bryant and I immediately looked behind us at Savannah, who fluttered her eyes, frowned, then immediately went back to sleep. Bryant made sure I was Ok, then got out to go check on the driver of the other car. He seemed really shaken up. We were all shaking a bit, but he looked like he was about to pass out!

A lady who had heard the crash came running out to make sure we were all ok. I crawled out of the driver side door (in a skirt, no less) and got Savannah out of the car. The lady then offered to have Savannah and I come inside her home while we waited for the police, who Bryant was calling at that moment.

(You can't really see it in the photo, but my hood is a bit bent, and the door is bent in too and won't open more than a couple of inches.)

She was really super nice, and had a cute Disney themed home. She let Savannah play with a few toys and offered us drinks while Bryant spoke to the police (4 police cars, including the undercover cop showed up. Four! For a little fender bender! Pleasant Grove really has nothing going on...)

We had to wait a while because the other driver didn't have his insurance information in the car and his parents had to bring it down. Everything went pretty smoothly. Bryant said the guy seemed a little mad when the police officer told him he was at fault. He said he had looked before he turned and everything. Obviously not, because he hit us...


I took my car into the shop today and I thought it was just a little bit of damage. But from what they were saying, I needed a whole new bumper, a new fender, my door needs to be fixed because it won't open, and my hood needs to be refinished. Not to mention all the wiring for a new light and turn signal and a paint job. Thankfully, the other guy's insurance is paying for me to have a rental car! The car rental service even came to pick me up from the shop!

I'm not sure how badly the other guy's car was damaged. We left the scene before he did, but I think they had to have his car towed away. I'm surprised his airbags didn't go off, but neither of us was really going all that fast, considering he had gone from a near-stop to swinging his car in a U-turn and we had turned a corner not too far away and were still in the process of picking up speed.


I'm glad we don't have to pay for anything, especially since I'm getting my wisdom teeth out this weekend and that's going to take a chunk out of our budget.



1 comment:

  1. A) disney themed house--love.
    B) pg cops come in PACKS and it cracks me up.
    C) I'm really glad you are all okay!!

    ReplyDelete