Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Weekend full of exciting news!

We Peacocks have had a pretty big weekend.
And some exciting things have happened!

Exciting news #1:

First off, Thursday night Bryant and I were hanging out with my family and my dad stepped out to go get the mail because no one had gotten it in a couple of days. When he came back, there were a few things for Bryant and I, and one was from RC Willey.

Now let me rewind a bit:

A couple of weeks ago, my Mom and I decided to enter ourselves into the RC Willey grand giveaway. You got a free set of knives from them if you entered, so we went and picked them up after we had done the baby registry and then I haven't thought anything of it since then. I was just excited that I got the free knives.

So, here I am with this letter from RC Willey and thinking it was just an advertisement of some sort, I jokingly said "Hey mom, it's from RC Willey! Maybe we won!"

Well, I opened that letter and had to read it a few times over to make sure I really understood what it was saying.

It was a letter informing me that I had won their grand prize!!!

This was the biggest thing I've ever won next to a free round of mini golf...

It's huge! It comes with a couch, a love seat, an ottoman, a 40 inch HDTV and I think an end table! You can imagine my excitement! I think Bryant and I are still in a state of shock!

Now, onto exciting news #2:


My youngest Brother Sawyer has been in the FFA program at his school for a couple of years now, and since he is a senior, he decided to try out for the FFA state office. This weekend he has been up at USU doing several interviews, tests and programs. Well, today they announced that he has been elected as the FFA state office sentinel!!! It's an incredibly long and difficult process to become a state officer and he has been working his bum off preparing for this! He definitely deserves it! I'm so stinkin' proud of this kid!



So this will basically be his job for the next year. He will be a part of the recruiting team and he will be traveling to different schools, some in different states, recruiting new FFA members.


Now to exciting news #3:

My little sister Sage had her national ballroom competition today and they took the gold medal!!!


I was lucky enough to get off work a bit early in order to run down to BYU and watch her. She's such a fun and animated dancer! She did really well on her individual competition too, but I think her partner was a little nervous. But Sage is the kind of girl who loves performing and isn't easily scared by anything!


My grandparents took Sage, Bryant and I out to celebrate at Iggys for lunch. It was such a fun and exciting day! I've got some hard working siblings! (well, except Colter, who is lounging on the beach in San Diego right now... his hard work starts next week with spring practice haha!)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great week! You'll have to share photos of your winnings when you get them.

    ReplyDelete