Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Don't mess with a pregnant lady

Well, we had our last prenatal class last night! It was a breastfeeding class done by a lactation consultant. Geeze! I didn't know there were so many factors that went into breastfeeding! I hope I can get it figured out pretty fast. And unfortunately, there were no funny questions from the over-anxious girl this time. The only one that was fairly funny was when the consultant was talking about all the vitamins and proteins and antibiotics that are in breast milk, she mentioned that there was lactose in it and the girl asked if, since she was lactose intolerant, if it was going to make her sick. The consultant just explained that it was lactose in cows milk that people are allergic too, and the fact that it was her body's natural production, it wasn't going to make her or the baby sick.

Also, can I just say what a gentleman my husband is? We got this random snow storm last night and Bryant was the only husband that went to get the car and pull it up in front of the hospital while I stayed nice and warm inside the double doors. As I watched the other couples run out into the sideways blowing snow, I could tell that the women were a little mad that their husbands were making them walk out to their cars. Glad my husband still believes in chivalry.

Today, we had another checkup and this was the first time they checked for dilation and effacement. He said I was only dilated to 1 1/2cm and he didn't say anything about effacement other than that women who are having their first babies tend to be pretty thin anyways. So I'm not sure what that means. He said not to be discouraged with only 1 1/2 because it just depends on my body and the baby, and I could very well go from 1 1/2 to 10 overnight, you just never know.

(photo at 36 weeks, I'll be 37 weeks on Thursday!)

I'm not too worried seeing as she has always been right on track and she still has 3 weeks to go. There is a lot of growing that can be done in 3 weeks. Of course I'm more than ready to have her here, but ultimately, she should come when she's ready, that ensures that she will be the most safe and most healthy.

Then, I had to deal with the rudest secretary on the planet. I swear, every time I go in, there is some problem and they are just flat out mean sometimes. As we were checking out and stuff, she said "oh by the way, you haven't paid us yet". My insurance is supposed to pay 100% of everything. This includes co-pays, visits, lab tests, and labor and delivery. I also recently got on my mom's insurance and it's considered secondary insurance.

When I told the secretary that my insurance should pay for everything, she said that they decided that they no longer want to accept my insurance and I owed them 180 bucks in "doctor fees". When I argued that they can't suddenly deny the insurance that they have been using for the last several months she said "Yes we can. We have the right to decide which of your insurances we will consider to be the primary insurance. So are you going to pay us today or what?" (see? rude...) So I told them I didn't have 180 bucks to just hand over today, she said "well you had better pay us next week because we have to have that money before you deliver and you're due in 3 weeks." Sheesh!

So I talked to my Mom and apparently, her insurance will actually cover that 180 bucks, I just have to bring in another card. Also, I'm filing a complaint to the doctors about how rude she was. There was a much better and nicer way to handle all that.

Also, embarrassing moment for today:

The first thing you do for a checkup is a urine sample, as most everyone knows. Well, not 3 minutes after I gave them the sample and I was waiting in the room for the doctor, I suddenly had to rush to the bathroom again! So I flew out the door, right past the doctor and the nurse came running up to me asking if I was OK as I was literally running to the opposite side of the office where the bathroom was located, shouting "I'm fine! Just have to use the bathroom!"

Yeah I looked like an idiot.
Probably the most embarrassing part was when I got back, the doctor clapped me on the shoulder chuckling and asking if I was now ready. He said it happens all the time, but I still felt ridiculous. Curse this squished bladder!

Anyways, I guess if baby Stokes is not quite ready, I've got more time to get her room finished and some more cleaning done. I'm currently in the process of washing all her clothes and blankets (the most fun I've ever had doing laundry!) and organizing them according to size. So my kitchen and laundry room are a disaster!


Also, I'm so close to finishing my online classes that I actually enjoy doing the homework! Every bit makes me that much closer! The goal is to be totally done by next week! Wouldn't that be awesome if I finished my classes, had Baby's room done and my apartment cleaned by next week? Then all I have is work and I can coast on auto-pilot until this baby decides to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment