Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Are we there yet?

Well, here we are, 39 weeks. 1 to go (hopefully less)

We went to the doctor again on Tuesday.
Every week I see a different doctor since the OB/GYN I go to has 6 doctors.
This doctor said pretty much the same thing the doctor last week said. I'm still 3cm dilated and 90% effaced. He also said she's dropped and her head is really low "Your poor bladder" was his response to this, "you must have a 30 second time limit!" Finally! I bit of sympathy for my bladder...

And just like last week, he said he was pretty sure she would come this week...

He even seemed really excited about it, "we rarely see first time mom's this far along before their due date! I bet we see you in labor and delivery soon!"


Still no sign though. Except the occasional contraction, and my extreme uncomfortableness, there is really nothing that (to me, anyways) indicates that I will be going into labor anytime soon.

Last week, I think I had my hopes up too much. Everyday I would say "ok, tonight's the night! I bet I have her within 24 hours!" Then, of course, nothing would happen. So this week, I'm really trying hard not to think about it and get to anxious. After all, we are still a week away from her due date...

Bryant is starting to get pretty anxious and impatient too. Every day he goes for a walk with me and he's constantly leaning over my belly saying "Baby, you need to come tonight ok?", or while we watch a movie he'll say "maybe you should try jumping jacks, I heard that helps" (if you think I'm going to exert the energy to do a jumping jack, you're crazy...)

He even made me drink a whole glass of pineapple juice tonight (apparently, pineapple juice is supposed to help induce labor. It doesn't, it just makes you sick for a while.) And he made me walk around all of wal mart when all I needed to get was some fabric and toilet paper...

I think the thing that's the most annoying is that I have nothing to do. I have all my online classes completely done except 1 test in one class and the final in the other, but that won't even be available to take until mid-April. And my work called and said they went ahead and took me off the schedule because we've been so slow lately. I guess the first person you cut hours on is the one the size of a hippo who can barely move around the store. I'm grateful because at this point, I really couldn't stand at a desk for hours at a time fixing people's Nooks. I'd come home with too much back and leg pain I'm sure...

I spend most my days taking naps, reading, occasionally cleaning, and catching up on the episodes of "House" that I've missed.

Oh, and I made this:


I bought a pack of newborn onsies because I don't really have anything in a newborn size, and I had some extra fabric, so I cut-out the bird, hand stitched it on and then made a flower headband to match! I'm quite proud of it and I plan to make a couple more. (Hence, my wal mart trip to get some more fabric tonight.)

Other than that, there is nothing really to report. It's just the waiting game from here on out for me. Bryant's parents are coming out from California either tomorrow or Saturday so I'm pretty excited to get to see them! They are here for a week so I'm really hoping this baby comes before they have to go back so they get a chance to see her!



2 comments:

  1. That's adorable! I hope she comes soon! The last weeks of pregnancy ate brutal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I want to stay posted so make sure you announce it on facebook or here or something!!!

    ReplyDelete