Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Almost there!

So we had a big surprise today at the doctors office!

Last week, if you will remember, I was at 1 and 1/2 cm dilated and they didn't really say anything about how effaced I was. This morning I woke up after a rough night of being unable to get comfortable and constantly kicking the sheets off from being too hot (Bryant was all curled up in the blankets so I know it was just me that was too warm, not the room itself). As I stepped into the shower I thought "I'm so ready to be done being pregnant. I'm so uncomfortable and grumpy and sore. If the doctor says I'm still at 1 and 1/2 cm, I'm going to be mad..."

Well, we went in and they checked all my stuff, blood pressure and weight and everything looked good as usual. Then they measured me and she's still growing right on track according to my belly size. Her heartbeat was perfect (I could sit and listen to her heartbeat all day. It's the best sound ever!)

Then they checked my dilation and effacement.
The doctor said "well, you're about 3cm..." This made me really excited. That was a lot of progress. Then he paused for a second and got a grin on his face. "... And I'm going to say you're about 90% effaced!"

WOW
Big change from last week for sure!

He told me to go ahead and tentatively set up my appointment next week, but that he felt she would come before then and wouldn't be surprised if we saw him in the hospital before next weeks appointment!

Ahhhhh!

I was so excited and so happy! I could potentially become a mother THIS WEEK!

It wasn't until 3 or 4 hours later when I was sitting at work that I started to get nervous. I felt ready to be done being pregnant, but I wasn't expecting to be a mom within a few days! I thought I still had a couple more weeks and I suddenly realized that I still need to get a few things done. Getting a hospital bag ready and getting a car seat are now priority #1.

Then priority #2 is getting my room ready and the cradle set up in there so she has a place to sleep when she comes home.

Then priority #3 is to get the nursery finished. Everything is washed and cleaned and ready to go, I just need to get a couple shelves and a rocking/glider chair.

I should probably get my apartment all cleaned up too for when visitors come over. It's a train wreck right now due to us moving and shifting things around and me not ever in the mood to clean any more. Do you think I could pay my sister 5 bucks to come do it for me?

I should also probably go to the grocery store and stock up on a few things. That way I don't have to worry about either I or Bryant needing to make a trip to go get one or two things.

Don't get me wrong, I am SUPER excited that this baby is finally going to be here! It's just that I'm such a procrastinator that "well, I have time tomorrow to finish it" is sort of my motto. But this isn't a project or a homework assignment. This is a baby we're talking about! Someone that I am completely responsible for!

I'm excited that I might be having this baby literally any day now, but lets hope she gives me just a couple more days to get everything done!

Who knows, all this housework may just put me into labor!

Anyways, I guess the bets are on!

What day will she come on?
At what time?
How much will she weigh?
How long will she be?

I'm going to say:
March 19th
2:30pm
6lbs, 8oz
19 1/2 inches
(small but long!)

Keep your fingers crossed she comes soon and I'll try to keep everyone updated!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah all of the housework and rearranging should definitely put you over the edge. ;) My guess is...March 18th, 11:47pm, 7lbs 2 oz, 19 1/2 inches long. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. March 21, 630 am 7lbs 5oz, and 19 in long. Can't wait to see pic of her when she is here! I'm so excited for you! Keep us updated! Good luck! Oh and when you do have her i want to hear the labor story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Broke i don't know if you remember me but me and colter use to be super close and one time he showed me your blog and how amazing of a writer you are so of course i decided to follow you.. && your blogs are still so fun to read good luck this week.. your gonna be a stinkin cute mommy and I'm excited colter gets to be an uncle its the best! good luck :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. K I am going to say March 26th or actually March 30th or 31st. Only cuz I know of so many people who are at 3 cm and fully effaced for weeks! For your case I hope it is sooner than that cuz it happened to me and it was miserable! We tried all kinds of things to put me into labor. But apparently most women with there first go later than earlier! My doc didnt think I would make it to my next appt and i had two more after that. but everyones diff! and it will be fun to have these cousins b-days so close! I also guess 6lbs 5oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. March 18th, 7:37 pm. 6 lbs 3 oz and 18 1/2 inches. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete