Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's nice to treat yourself once in a while

(note: this was written last night, Blogger was having issues loading photos)

Today was going to be a stressful day.
Bryant had to work this morning, then run the school to take a mid-term.
I had to write a 3-5 page mid-term essay then another 2-3 page one.

I like writing, I just don't like being pressured into page limits.
You ask me to write a 3 page paper, it takes every little space and margin I can stretch to make that three pages. You tell me there is no page limit, and I choose the topic like my South African paper on the Kalahari desert I did last semester, you get a 10 page work of genius...

I knew I was going to be stressed.
I knew Bryant was going to be stressed.
We needed to take ourselves out for the afternoon.

A couple months back, Bryant surprised me with a gift card to a really nice and fancy restaurant in Provo called the Chef's Table.

I've been there 3 times. Once on a date with one of my best friends for senior prom, once while Bryant and I were dating, and today.

We had originally planned to go for my birthday, which was on a Saturday, and we knew the gift card would cover the lunch prices but not the dinner prices. Come to find out, they don't do lunch on Saturdays. This bummed Bryant out because he had planned this whole big scheme to get me down to his work all dressed up and then surprise me by taking me to lunch.

Well, the weeks went by and we never had a free afternoon together to grab lunch. Until today. Bryant got off work a bit early so he would have more time to go take his test. He forgot his wallet and I knew he would need his ID in it to take the test so I told him I would meet him at the bookstore I work at when he got off. I showed up in my Sunday best with the gift card and told him we should just take an hour and go get a really good lunch before things got crazy this weekend.


Bryant got the nut crusted halibut, as you can tell by his plate, it was really good. (And that he doesn't like cooked vegetables)


I had the chicken salad sandwich with a garden salad and vegetables (unlike Bryant, I ate all my vegetables...)


The view.
My only complaint is that the trees are too high to see the mountains.

Bryant took this picture of the rose at our table. I think it turned out pretty awesome considering it was with his camera phone!

After lunch, Bryant headed off to school and I headed home to hunker down and get started on my paper. Later that evening when I had finished and Bryant came home, we went to visit my family (and maybe grab some dinner up there)

When I walked in, there was my little sister and the cute little neighbor girl coloring in the living room. My brother's friend Tanner came over with a bunch of little baby bunnies that his grandpa had bred. Of course the neighbor girl had to run and grab her family to come see!

And other neighbor kids started showing up too. This is basically what our yard looked like every day the summer Ace was a puppy. My family is the central hub of the neighborhood kids for two reasons: 1. We have a swing set and 2. There always seems to be cute little animals at my house.


There's no better way to relieve stress than eating good food (especially if your preggo!) and snuggling an adorable baby bunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment