Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

On to Mt. Shasta!

Part 4 of our California trip! Are you getting sick of them yet? Probably. Too bad!


First off, remember a couple of posts ago, I wrote how Deagan had been sick for a few hours and was fine by that night? Well we all got it at some point. I felt terrible on the drive from Mountain Ranch to Sacramento, and was fine that night. Bryant got it that night and was sick into the middle of the next day. And Savannah got it on our first full day in Mt. Shasta. We took her to see the new Ninja Turtles movie and she was fine. We brought her home and she vomited about 12 times, took a nap, then woke up and proclaimed that she was all better and ran off playing as if nothing had happened! It was completely crazy and I still have no idea what it was, exactly, that we all caught.



That weekend, Jacob and Sally and their kids came up for a couple of days, so we all headed out on for a day at the lake!





I;m not much of a tubing girl. One word: Contacts. Ugh, so annoying when you get water under those things! Not to mention, I'm a complete wuss when it comes to anything fast. So I happily sat on the boat and snuggled the kids. At one point, I had all 4. Two on each knee, and two on either side of me. Savannah and Deagan were complete angels out on the boat. You know how people buy those thunder jackets for their dogs, that are made to keep dogs calm? Well putting a life jacket on Deagan kind of has the same effect. He mostly just laid there like a slug.  






Both kids even fell asleep for a bit in my arms!
 
White leg alert!


I took both kids out, one at a time for a spin on the kayak. Kayaking is one of my favorite things! Love it!




It was a beautiful day out on the lake, and I didn't get sunburned AT ALL! Score one for the albino chick!


No comments:

Post a Comment