Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

15 Month Deagan Update!

It's been a while since I've done a Deagan update!

My baby boy is a full-fledged toddler these days. This past month he has really taken off and learned SO much! It's kind of blowing me away how he was all baby and little, then just the last few weeks he's suddenly this big kid! Who is talking! I mean, what happened?!?







We took DJ in for his 15 month checkup. Like always, he's practically perfect in every way. (Mary Poppins reference? Get it?) But really, that kid is right on track for everything.

Just a few developmets:

The kid is a climber. I'm certain he's part mountain goat. His favorite thing to do is go outside and climb up the slide, get to the top, slide down, then repeat. He could do it for hours. He climbs on anything in the house he can get to. The other day, I was doing my makeup when Savannah came in and asked for a snack. I went into the kitchen to make something when I found half the contents of the recycling bin laying on the floor, with a stool in front of the stove, and Deagan sitting triumphantly on the counter with his hands in a pan of brownies yelling "COOKIE!!!" 

I very nearly had a heart attack! I think I will be putting the stools downstairs for a little while...





He has also really taken off with his talking. He has gotten really good at repeating words. Some of his words he uses pretty consistently are:

Mom
Dad
Baby
Sissy (What he calls Savannah)
Cookie (what he calls all foods)
Bite (what he says when he's hungry, or sees you eating something)
No!
Outside (this is the cutest! He says it "ow-sigh")
Say-yee (Sagey, my sister)
Coke! (He just started saying this when I was making him a sippy cup of milk. I think his grandpa had something to do with this) 
Puppy 
Hi
Hello
Hey
Bye
Thank You
Baba (bottle)
And the other day he clearly said "high five!" and now I can't get him to do it again!






He loves to give his sister hugs and kisses. She gets more than anyone else, which makes me a bit jealous ;-) And he likes to pat her head and say "Baby!" or "sissy!"

If my Mom or Dad is in the room, he doesn't want anything to do with me. He just wants them. 

When he pouts or throws a fit, he kneels down and slams his head on the ground. This has resulted in several bumps and bruises, and one fat lip. I keep thinking one day he will hurt himself enough that he will learn not to do it anymore, but that day hasn't come yet. Usually, I just ignore it and he stops fairly quickly. He did it in the bathtub the other night. I felt bad, but at the same time it was kind of the funniest thing ever to see his look of shock when he was sputtering out water.  





We have found that, unfortunately, he has inherited my extremely sensitive skin. 10 minutes running through the grass means hives and rashes from head to toe, which he scratches, and makes worse. It's so sad to see him all scraped up from scratching!

He's getting the most fun little personality. He's just like Savannah in that he loves being around other people. He's not shy or nervous around anyone. He's very loving too. He likes to give kisses and hugs, and when his sister cries, he starts crying with her. They both hold hands while in the car, or watching TV. The first thing that Savannah does in the morning is go crawl in his crib and they snuggle and play until I get up and go get them. They are best friends and I just love watching them play together!





I love you Deagan! Please don't grow up too fast!


No comments:

Post a Comment