Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Disneyland 2014! Part 1!

Yay for Disneyland! 
So as you all know, we went on a Disneyland trip at the end of March with both kids, My parents, siblings, and my sister-in-law, and my in-laws all surprised us by coming and spending the last day there with us! If you missed the exciting post about that (and the earthquakes!) then click HERE.

I was really excited for this trip. It was Savanna's 3rd trip to Disneyland, but this time, she was finally old enough to ride a lot of the attractions, and she was able to recognize almost all of the characters (Disney channel is pretty much all we watch at this house!)

Savannah has the Disneyland app on the ipad, and we talked a LOT about Disneyland for months before we went so I think she had a pretty good idea what it was. The night before we left, she wouldn't go to bed and I told her that when she woke up, we would go to Disneyland. The next morning, we drove to California and had dinner with my Dad's cousins and that night, I told Savannah we had to get ready to go to bed, and that when she woke up, we would go to Disneyland, and she said "But I already woke up today! You said when I woke up today we would be going to Disneyland!" She wasn't very happy that she had to wait one more night!

Both kids did AMAZING on the drive there. I've said it before and I'll say it again, my kids are traveling rockstars! They were made for road tripping!  My kids eat 10 hour drives for breakfast!



^^Stopping for gas outside of Las Vegas^^


Back to dinner. So our first day we got to California, we checked in and and unloaded our stuff at a house we rented about a half hour away from the parks. I tell you what, if you have more people than will fit into 1 hotel room, renting a house is definitely the way to go! It cost us about the same as getting 2 hotel rooms, which we would have all been really cramped in, and Bryant and I got our own room with the kids, we brought DJ's pack and play, and we made a bed on the floor of spare blankets for Savannah, and my parents, and Sawyer and Kenna both had their own rooms too. Colter and Sage slept on the couches downstairs.

^^The cute house we stayed at!^^

It was nice having a full kitchen, and laundry room too. I didn't have to worry about packing "extra" sets of cloths for the kids (I usually pack enough for 2 outfits a day plus jammies when traveling) because if I got down to the last day or 2 worth of clothes, I could toss more in the wash. We stayed a bit further out from the park, like I said it was probably a half hour drive, but it really wasn't bad at all.

After we unpacked, we drove to an Asian buffet restaurant to meet my dad's cousins Lisa and Cory. It was really great to see them and catch up! I wasn't there when everyone was in Arizona together last year, so it had been a long time since I had seen either of them! Thank you Lisa and Cory for coming out to see us!





Sorry, that's all for tonight! I have a TON of photos from our trip, so I'll probably split up our days at the parks up a bit, and I'll write a separate post about our trip to the beach. 

Goodnight everyone!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment