Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

The List: Fears

Day 2 of the "30 Things" List

Describe 3 Legitimate fears you have and explain how they became your fears.

1: Car Accidents. 

    I am terribly afraid of car accidents. I didn't used to be. It wasn't until a couple of years ago. Specifically, when I became pregnant. I suddenly worried every time I got in the car about what would happen to me. To the baby. To Bryant. What would I do without either of them? It scared me to death. I think part of it was anxiety caused by changing pregnancy hormones, but I was to the point of obsessing about car accidents. I remember on Christmas that year, we were driving from Salt Lake to Payson and we hit a pretty heavy fog. I had a panic attack. I made Bryant turn off the radio, slow down to practically crawling speed, and I clutched onto the door and my seat with my eyes closed the entire way. I was holding back tears. 

     Now, it's not nearly as bad, but I still worry. I'm the safest driver you will ever, ever meet. I still don't like when Bryant rides his motorcycle. Which is weird because I feel better about him driving it with me than him driving alone. 

 (My car after a guy tried to pull a u-turn into me)

2: Earthquakes

    My 5th grade teacher hated children, and she did her very best to scar us for life. She repeatedly showed movies on natural disasters, mostly earthquakes. I'd be in tears during her class (she made me cry my first day of school by telling me my math skills were lacking and that I was probably too stupid to be in the 5th grade.)

3: Something bad happening to Savannah.

     You can't even begin to imagine my anxiety when we first brought her home. The first night, I was paranoid about leaving her in her bassinet. I woke up repeatedly panicking that she wasn't breathing. I finally laid her in bed with me and placed my hand on her chest to feel her breathing the whole night. She ended up co-sleeping with us for 6 months.


*Some other, minor fears of mine*

-Spiders and earwhigs
-Roller coasters
-Getting my ears pierced
-Getting my blood drawn
-Answering questions in class
-Germs

No comments:

Post a Comment