Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Perfect days

Some days are just perfect.
Monday was one of those days.

We had what we thought was going to be our last softball game of the season, but it turns out, we won for the first time!!! We played the team from 2 weeks before who we lost too on a bad call and I was talking to one guy from their team and he said they had never won a game until they played us, so I thought it was a fair trade.

We had to play a game directly after against one of the first teams we ever played and it was not a good game at all. First, we were so tired, and it was at least 95 degrees out (I went through 4 water bottles) and the other team were all jerks. If you forfeit, the league requires you to pay the other team 30 dollars (stupid rule) and the last time we played we were losing really badly and they kept saying "you guys should give us the 30 bucks cause you suck so bad so we can go get some beers"

Jerks

Needless to say, we lost that game, but we were all still feeling really good about our win earlier. Our last game will be next Monday unless we win again. Woo!

That night we drove to the Quarry, which is an indoor rock climbing place for Bryant's work party.
I love rock climbing but I didn't this time because I have been feeling sick off and on for about 2 weeks now and I didn't want to be 30 feet in the air and have to puke or something. Also, I was still exhausted from 2 softball games in a row.Bryant learning how to do the right knots for his harness and rope.He's a fast learner.

Tuesday was a perfect day too.
First, Bryant and I took our adorable Ace for an afternoon walk.

He was having some serious attention span issues.


I love that Ace's two favorite places to drink water are the hose and the faucet in the bathtub. I think he just has fun more than he is thirsty.

We got new neighbors this week and their little girls started venturing into our backyard (it's just what happens when you are the only one with a swing set on the whole block) they were really cute and they ALL loved Ace, who just lied there, happy as a clam with his bone and Bryant, who was showing off his new iphone to them.
There was something really funny on it cause they all giggled for a good 10 minutes. (And don't you just love that youngest girls stripped dress!?)

It was nice just sitting out on the lawn during the summer sunset with my hubby, mom, sister, dog and new neighbors. I was glad Ace did so well with them, he's usually nervous when people he doesn't know pet him, especially kids who just want to tackle him, but he just sat there and watched them.

When their dad came over to tell them it was time to come home, Ace got up and growled at them. At first I was mad at him for growling, but then I realized that he had put himself in front of the girls. It's nice to know that my little wimp of a puppy is willing to protect kids. It will make me feel good to have him around when I have my own family. And he stopped growling once I told him to stop.

Last night was another perfect day but I have to go get ready for work.

Tune in next time to find out what made a normal Thursday perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment