Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Oh a (white water) pirates life is a wonderful life!

This is what I did all weekend...


(those 2 photos are from last year and I didn't get to go last year, I borrowed them from my uncles facebook, sorry Russ...)

I was a Snake River pirate all weekend!

Every year my uncle does a 10 day trip in Wyoming where we white water raft twice a day (its a 2 and 1/2 hour trip down each time, add that up to 20 times, that's a lot of river rafting) When Bryant and I first started dating he wasn't able to come with us and then last year we were newlyweds who were broke and because of the wedding and honeymoon we couldn't take any more time off work, so this year was Bryant's first time. I have many more pictures but most of them are on my dad's camera and he is still up there with my family (Bryant and I could only stay Friday night through Sunday night) or on Bryants iphone. So more to come! But I figured i'd split this up anyways because I tend to write super long blogs.


My dad made everyone these shirts. How cool are they?
Hahah nice Deliverance referance!
(and its hard to read in the pic but our "rafting rules" are there: Save your captain, save your paddle, save yourself.)
Getting into the pirate spirit while packing

Packing for Ace.

on the road
We brought Ace along for his first camping trip. The whole way there he slept with his head on the center console between our arms. Every now and then he'd wake up and try to crawl in Bryants lap. What a cuddle bug.
The first night he whined for half the night outside so we finally brought him inside and he laid down next to Bryant, then after a couple of hours he came over and laid down next to me and then in the morning when I got up to go get breakfast he snuggled up to Bryant.
I love my boys.


Saturday morning was our first run. We had a blast! It was a little cold in the morning and the water is always cold but it was still super fun! I didn't go on the second run because I was exhausted from the first one so I took a nice long nap.

Well, thats all the pics I have right now. And I desperately need a shower cause i'm covered in river guck, sweat, dirt, layers upon layers of bug spray and sun screen, and buckets of dog slobber and i'm covered in mosquito bites. But I guess thats what you get when you live like a pirate for a weekend!

More later!


3 comments:

  1. Hey there, WOW! This sounds like so much fun. You are lucky to be able to travel and do cool things with your whole family. Up here I get to go on a class 4 run whenever there is space. Lemme tell you girl it is a blast! It's a little different though because the water is 34 degrees and we have to wear dry suits... Still fun tho! I'm loving your hair btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Blog! Traveling is definatley the best especially with man's best friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! ^_^. the doggy and his master looks really cute ^_^.rafting is great for spending time with our loved ones.thanks for your post.

    ReplyDelete