Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Big announcements, plans and resolutions!

Happy New Year! 2013 was pretty amazing. We added another baby to our growing family and we couldn't be happier! We had a pretty busy year, but I have a few announcements that are going to make 2014 crazy busy!

I'll start with the biggest announcement first, to get it out of the way:

I am starting my own business!

Yup!
It will be a silk screening business, taking after my dad. This is something I have been thinking about for over a year now, but I was always too scared to really start doing it, mostly because it's a bit of a financial risk. You've got to have capital in order to start something, with the hopes of making that back. But a few weeks ago, I was up all night with a million ideas swimming through my head, and I thought about it all the next day. By that next night, I just had this really good feeling that this was something I needed to do, and that I should do. When I talked to Bryant about it, he was really excited for me, and thought it was a great idea. You never know until you try right?

I will be selling things like shirts, bags, scarves, aprons, etc. I will be selling online, but I'm also hoping to do some shows, fairs and farmers markets too. I've got my sister and my parents help, and Bryant's support and my determination. I think this will be a good thing for me and I'm really excited! 

But I'm going to need help! I am working on some samples of things now, and hoping to get a shop up and running within a month or so. It's fresh after the holidays, so I expect things to be slow going until summer, So I would really appreciate it if you, all my friends and family, will help share my stuff on facebook, pinterest, twitter, on your blogs, wherever! I would be forever grateful if you did!!!

So look in the next several weeks for my launch of my new business! Wahoo!

2nd announcement:

I am going back to work. Well, kind of. I went back for 2 weeks during the holidays to help out, and I realized how much I've really missed working. I missed all my friends I had there and it was so nice to see them and talk to them again. I've missed problem solving and helping people, and making people happy. And everyone who had started working there after I left were so nice to me and made me feel really welcome. So on my last night, I mentioned to my manager that I would be willing to come back and just do "on-call" shifts and help out when they needed an extra hand. They agreed, and I filled out an official application to be a "real" employee. I don't expect to be working very often, but that's perfect for me since I've got two littles at home who are still my number 1 priority. But I just wanted something that could get me out of the house every now and then. Something that allowed for some adult conversation, and a chance to be around people who are just as passionate about books as I am. And a chance to be with friends, and make new ones too. I'm just so excited! It's good to be back at work!

3rd announcement:

Bryant and I will be writing a book this year! We have talked a LOT about this for a while now, and we are finally and officially going to start diving into it! I wont say much about it yet, just that it will be fiction. Bryant is the creative writer and I'm the critical one. He will be structuring most of the story, and I'll be doing most of the actual writing and editing of it. I don't expect this to ever be something published, but it's going to be a heck of a lot of fun to work on! The couple who writes together stays together yeah? :-)

2013 really was an amazing year for us. I couldn't tell you what my resolutions were last year. I don't think I even made any. But I have a few this year:

1. Start and grow my own business
2. Write a book
3. Study my scriptures more in depth.
4. Finally get my house in complete order. We've been here over a year now and I feel like we are just settling in.
5. Spend a lot more time outdoors with my kids. We were out in the snow for 5 hours today and both my kids were upset that we weren't out there longer.
6. Make a new friend!

We have a lot of plans this year. And I'm particularly excited about all the traveling we have planned. Bryant and I sat down last night and kind of went over our calendar for the year and realized that we will be making 4 trips to California this year! I'm hoping I have a rich distant relative I don't know about, who wills all his money to me so I can pay for all that gas! Wowzers! But there is nothing I love more than traveling, so it's all worth it!

And who knows, maybe my new business will be a total success and allow for a lot more traveling. You never know right?

Seriously guys, I'm so unbelievably excited about my new business! And this entire year! 2014, you are gonna rock!


No comments:

Post a Comment