Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

New Year!

New Year's Eve and Day were really great this year! We made plans with my Brother and Sister-in-law to have a small party at our house on New Year's Eve, but we didn't know my parents had accepted an invitation for us to hang out with their friends too. So we ended up spending most of the night with good family friends. Savannah was in heaven playing with the two kids that were there. And we enjoyed dinner and games and looking through old photos of my parents and their friends from their newlywed days. 



^^And yes, Easton is in a tuu-tuu as well!^^





The later it got in the evening, the crankier my kids got, and we decided to head to our house with Sawyer and Kenna, put the kids to bed, and then chat and eat munchies while we waited for Midnight. Midnight came quietly in our house, with just the 4 of us, and we cheered and poured sparkling cider in red solo cups (we are sooooo fancy sometimes) and wished each other a Happy New Year. Our neighbors started lighting off fireworks and Savannah came running out of her room excitedly yelling that she needed to go outside, so we did, and watched them go off.

One of these days I'm going to throw a majorly huge New Years party where everyone has to dress all fancy and their will be music and dancing and everything! Someday...

The next day, we went out across the lake for our annual New Year's day shooting trip! We go out with family friends every year, but I have not been able to go out since Bryant and I have been married. One of us was always working, or I was pregnant and didn't want to go stand in the snow or whatever reasons. But this year was a blast! Savannah went off with her friends to play in the mud and snow and do a bit of sledding, and Deagan had a blast being passed around to everyone. 



^My sister-in-law Kenna and I^





^^Kenna's Dad Kurt came out too! It's so fun to have more family!^^
 


^^Kandis, Kenna and I. I think the girls actually did better at shooting than they guys did. And I took 2nd place, believe it or not! I kind of shocked myself when I did!^^

 

^My Brother Colter, who probably spends more time outdoors than anyone I know. You should see some of his photos from him hunting and fishing! I really think he should get into outdoor photography!^^

^The view of my mountain from the other side of the lake.^








^This is possibly my new favorite photo of Bryant. He just looks so manly and stuff. If I still had a Jr. High school locker, I'd hang this picture up inside it with little hearts drawn all over it. Hubba hubba!^




The weather was beautiful! I was just in a sweatshirt and I was so warm I was sweating! And we were up higher than the inversion, so it was nice to get some fresh, clean air in our lungs. We had a really good time and we can't wait for next year!

Afterwards, we went to lunch, where a guy walked up to our table and said "You guys look like Duck Dynasty meets Utah!" I had to agree. Everyone was covered in camo and mud. Not to mention my dad has a pretty sweet beard going on!

Happy New Year everyone! 2014 is off to a good start!

Also... this. Because Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel are too much perfect going on.
And because Zooey is wearing a tiara, and I'm in full support of everyone wearing tiaras just because.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment