Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Thnksgiving was over a month ago?

Yeeeaaahhh... All my intentions of catching up on this blog went right out the window this last week. Talk about a crazy holiday! So, to summarize, I went back to work for 2 weeks to help out with the holiday rush (more on that later! I have important news to share!) So most nights, Bryant would come home just as I was rushing out the door. Then, Bryant and I both caught that horribly nasty stomach bug that's making the rounds. Thankfully, both kids seemed to avoid it, knock on wood! And then there was Christmas, and then I've spent DAYS trying to recover my house and get it back to normal.

So yeah. Blogging kind of got stuck on the back burner. Anyways, I completely forgot to post about Thanksgiving! Whaaa! So, I'll make this quick.
Onwards and upwards folks!












For Thanksgiving this year, we were able to spend it with Bryant's parents, brother and grandma out in Mt. Shasta. The last time we had Thanksgiving with them was back in 2008 and we were still dating. It was my first time in Mt. Shasta and It was also the first time I really got to know Bryant's family. I felt bad because I had to be back to work on black Friday, so we flew out, made his parents drive 4 hours to Reno to pick us up, then 4 hours home, and then they did it again to take us back to the airport. Then, I tried to make a pie that was a complete disaster. I thought for sure they were going to think I was not suitable for their son, but they must have liked me because here we are, 5 years later and they spoil me :-)

It was a quiet Thanksgiving. The boys spent a lot of time playing video games, The kids got a lot of Grandma time, and I got a lot of nap time. Bryant and I even snuck in a date! I'm really hoping from now on, we can swap off Christmas and Thanksgiving with both families. Last year was the first Christmas we had spent with his family in all our time being together. Thats way too long to go without being home for the holidays!













 

The next day, we drove out to Reno and attended the BYU devotional at a church. The cultural hall and gym were completely packed! I would say a good chunk of the people attending were missionaries, and it was a lot of fun! After the devotional, we all went out to a nice dinner, then came back to the hotel and crashed. Savannah thought the hotel was just the greatest thing ever, especially since she had that giant bed all to herself!

The next day we went to the BYU vs. Nevada game. We got there early and got great seats! Deagan was a little fussy because he was hungry and the bottle I brought was cold, so he wouldn't eat it. Savannah liked playing with some of Ed and Robyn's friends who had come from Mt. Shasta too to watch the game, and she even caught a t-shirt! Which, I'm totally wearing as I type this...

Right after the game we said our goodbyes and headed home. It's always really sad to leave Ed and Robyn. I'm really lucky to have the greatest in-laws ever and as I've said numerous times, Mt. Shasta is one of my absolute favorite places ever. I might have even been looking in the newspaper for homes for sale while we were there... Just saying...

Wow, I still have so much to write about. I've got a post coming up about Savannah's trip to the ER, that was funny. And of course Christmas. And, I have a few really exciting announcements to make, probably within the next week or so. (no, not another baby. I had you all going there didn't I? :-)

I hope everyone had a fun and safe Christmas! And Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment