Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

6 Month Update!

Oh wow, talk about a crazy couple of weeks!
Any free time I had I was spent writing final papers and revising them and studying for finals and then I nearly had a panic attack when my professor e-mailed me and said she was going to fail my paper because I didn't cite my sources and that was considered plagiarism. When I went in to talk to her about it, because I DID cite my sources, it turns out I placed a comma in my citations in the wrong place. Talk about an overly dramatic professor! (This was also the same professor that told me I had failed another paper earlier in the semester, turns out, she failed everyone BUT me. Crazy.) But I fixed it and aced the paper. Crisis averted! 

Ok, rants over! I'm just relieved to have a break and to finally get some stuff done around here! Catching up on blogging is one of those things, so expect a lot of posts this week! I figured I should start with Deagan's 6 month update, since I missed his 5 month and in another week and a half he will be 7 months old. Where does the time go?

^^Always in the sling. He's such a mama's boy!^^

So, lets get to it and start with his stats!
Weight: 16lbs, 3oz, 23%
Length: 26.25in 32%
Head Circumference: 43.2cm 46%

Teeny little guy, but for as small as he is, he's still got his chunky cheeks and meaty legs!

The doctor said everything looks perfect with him, and that he's still growing along his curve. I discussed his spitting up, once again, and the doctor told us that he's confident he will grow out of it. And to my surprise, he has! He still spits up occasionally, but not anywhere NEAR the amount he used too! It's so nice not having to change my clothes 3 times a day! I think starting him on solids has really made the difference.



I also talked to the doctor about him not sleeping through the night. And he told me what I knew he probably would, to just let him cry it out. That was really hard for me because we have had complaints from the renters downstairs about DJ crying, but I decided to just not worry about them and let him cry it out. The doctor told us that the first night to expect him to cry for up to 3 hours, and to wake up several times that night. I think he cried for 2, and he woke up 2-3 times, but I never went in and got him. After that, each night became easier, and now, I either nurse him to sleep, or if he's extra fussy, I lay him in his crib with a bottle, and he puts himself to sleep. He still wakes up 1-2 times a night, and most nights he cries for 5 minutes and puts himself back to sleep. But on the nights he screams, I get up and get him a bottle. I used to bring him in bed with me and nurse him, but then I had a hard time putting him back in his room without waking him up, so I now just do the bottle. Hopefully soon, he will sleep through the night completely on a regular basis, and not just once a week.



The biggest development this month is that he can now sit up, and is on his way to officially crawling. He gets up on his hands and knees, then propels himself forward. He also army crawls everywhere. I thought once he could move, he would not be as clingy, but he still always wants to be held and so most of our days are spent with him on my lap or in the sling. 

^^This photo is from Reno, and I realized that I still have not written about Thanksgiving! Look for that post soon!^^

He loves his sister more than anyone I think. She tries to wrestle with him and it makes me nervous, but he is almost always laughing and pulling her hair and giving her kisses. They are going to be best friends!



Well, that's all for now! Can you believe Christmas is less than a week away?! 
Also, Happy Birthday to my Dad! I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment