Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

On the Downhill Slope to Thirty







^Would you believe me if I said Bryant got a strike bowling like this? Because he totally did.^

It was my birthday last week. 26 guys. Thats officially on the downhill slope to 30. 
I had a pretty perfect day. The night before, Bryant, the kids and I went to Tucanos for dinner. Bryant spared me the embarrassment of making them sing to me. Instead, he sang me "Happy Birthday" in Portuguese himself. . 

The next day, I slept in. If I could ask for one thing for the rest of my birthdays, it would be to sleep in. 

I woke up feeling kind of sick though. But I refused to let it bring me down on my birthday. 
That afternoon, we went to Paradise Bakery for lunch. We were going to go to Zupas, but the line was ridiculous. The bakery turned out better though because Bryant got me a dozen cookies, and if you know Bryant, then you know that he's not a dessert foods guy, so I got them all to myself (and Savannah).

That evening, we dropped the kids off and went bowling. Bryant won. He even bowled between his legs and left handed, and he still won. And for the record, he looks totally drunk when he bowls with his left hand. It screws up the way he steps to the line. It's hilarious. 

When I went to pick up the kids, Savannah had made me a card with her hand prints on it will help from her aunt Sage. My parents also got me a couple of gifts, which Savannah helped me open. And Sage made me a delicious cup of hot white chocolate, because she's so sweet like that. 


It was a perfect day. It doesn't seem like 26 is so bad after all :-)

P.S. Thank you to everyone who sent me birthday wishes last week! It's always nice to be thought of!

No comments:

Post a Comment