Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

3 Months Old!


My handsome little man is already 3 months old! 
This last month has been so fun. He's starting to get out of that sleepy little newborn stage and into that active little baby stage.


He smiles ALL the time. And I mean ALL. THE. TIME. I love it! He's got cheeks for days that just look so perfectly chubby and kissable when he smiles.

He also is starting to giggle, and he's even given us a few belly laughs. Baby belly laughs are just the best aren't they? He constantly wants to play. When I had Savannah, I read every baby book out there and they all said not to over-stimulate babies because they can't handle it, and it would make them fussy. But D is the complete opposite. He constantly wants you to play with him. I will sit there for 20 minutes tickling him, bouncing him, nibbling those cheeks and tiny toes, and when I stop because I'm exhausted, he gets upset and begins to cry. Then I start back up again with teasing him, and he's instantly happy. 

He's our thumb/finger sucker. I think Savy sucked her thumb maaaayyyybe twice? Deagan is constantly gumming his hands if he doesn't have a pacifier in his mouth. 

He also learned how to roll from his front to his back. I didn't even know he was trying to do it until one day, I laid him down on the floor and FLIP! He just rolled right over. I don't even think he realized what had happened that first time, but ever since then, good luck if you want to give him some tummy time. 

He's also getting better coordinated with his hands. He likes to pull the blanket up and put it in his mouth, and he pulls on my shirt whenever I hold him. He's still trying to figure out how to grab his feet. He will stick his legs straight up in the air and his arms just start windmilling, trying desperately to grab those feet and stick them in his mouth.



He's generally not a fussy baby, but he tends to spit up a lot. And not your normal, post-feeding little drool, it's more like half the contents of him stomach get shot out all over him, me, and anyone near him. I had talked to his doctor last month about it, and he said that in some babies, the muscle between the opening of their stomach and their esophagus isn't quite closed yet, and they spit up more than normal. He said as long as he wasn't in pain, not fussy, and gaining weight, that he was fine and it should go away by around 4 months. But then it just got worse and worse. He wouldn't just spit up right after eating, he's spit up 5 minutes after eating, then every 5 minutes for the next hour or so. I tried everything, changing my diet in case it was something I was eating causing it, I tried 3 different formulas, I changed his position while he eats. But nothing helped. I finally called the doctor back and asked what to do. He recommended some baby antacids. So far, they aren't doing anything either. But he's still gaining weight, so I'm trying not to worry too much.


He just adores his big sister. She is constantly asking if she can hold him, and smothers him with kisses and hugs, and likes to squish his cheeks and hold his hand. I always get after her and tell her to be soft while she's crushing him, worried that she's hurting him, and then I see his face and he's smiling and giggling and happy as a clam. Babies are always so much more tough than we think they are, and he loves the attention his sister gives him. 

I just love my little chunk!


1 comment:

  1. spit up is the worst! Jade has the same problem but the last few weeks it hasn't been as bad, Thank Heavens!!! It only took 6 months! He is so cute, you have such a cute little family!

    ReplyDelete