Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Summer Days

This summer has gone by way too fast.
I don't know if it's because I don't want to go back to school,
Or if I'm not looking foreword to cold weather and snow
Or the fact that I have a little girl that I think is growing up too fast.

It's been an amazing summer. My first summer as a Mom. 
And it was perfect.

There has been way too much going on this last month to write it all down, so I'll just post a few pictures so you can get the general idea.

There were lots of Owlz baseball games

(Savannah thought Hootz was a giant stuffed animal and kept grabbing him)


We celebrated my Grandma's Birthday



We love you so much Grandma!!!
There were a couple neighborhood get-togethers



Savannah even made a new friend! (What you don't see, is that right after this picture was taken, she grabbed his ear and pulled as hard as she could. Poor guy!)


There were a few trips to the pool


And there were a few hikes


Summer, I'll miss you. I love your sunny days and your warm nights.
I love your smells of BBQs and afternoon rain showers. I love your sounds of crickets out my window, lawn mowers humming on Saturdays, and the neighbor girls screaming and laughing down their slip-n-slide. I love your tastes of chocolate moose bars and strawberries and cream. And I loved your feel of sun on my face and Savy's slobbery kisses on my cheek.

Thank you for being one amazing summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment