Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Frightmares!

Remember my last post where I committed to writing more often? Yeah I'm still working on that. But I've been crazy busy (which I'll write ALL about in it's own separate post. Someday.)

So last week, my brother Sawyer and my sister-in-law Kenna invited Bryant and I to Lagoon for Frightmares!

 

For those not from Utah, Lagoon is an amusement park, and every October, they hold an event called Frightmares. Basically, they have a few haunted house walk-throughs and have people dressed up in scary costumes running around scaring people (the chainsaw people are the worst! Ack!)


 ^^This is one ride I refused to go on.^^

Now, there are two things in this world I am more scared of than earthquakes, and that is big roller coasters, and being chased by creepy people. And Frightmares has both. But I still really wanted to have a night out, sans kids, with Bryant, Sawyer and Kenna, so I agreed to go along. 





I had not been to Lagoon in probably 6-7 years, and I had never done Frightmares, and Bryant had never been to Lagoon, so it was an adventure for both of us!


^^They had a few different performances going on throughout the park.^^

^^It was freezing, by the way... And yes, both of us are wearing Savannah's hats.^




We were kind of disappointed in the fact that the park was only open from 5-10 (and yet, you still had to pay full admission AND basically the entire back half of the park is closed.) but thankfully, the park was pretty empty. We walked right onto every ride. And yes, I even rode some of the roller coasters! Including colossus, which has TWO loops, thank you very much! The boys rode everything several times. I was good with one. I only did one of the haunted walk throughs, and I didn't even see much of it. Bryant wrapped his arms around me and I buried my face into his arms. One thing I didn't know about myself, but that happened several times that night: I get the hiccups when I get scared. 




Once we rode everything, we walked around and played some of the carnival type games, and we even won a few things!

I will say this about Lagoon, most of the people who work there are high school aged kids, and every single one of them was extremely friendly and nice (I'm sure the chainsaw people were lovely as well, I just didn't stick around to find out!). Lagoon seems to hire some really great kids! I just thought I'd throw that out there because they really made an impression on me!


We really had SO much fun! It was really great to go out on a double date, somewhere other than dinner or a movie, and get to spend time with Sawyer and Kenna. Bryant was extra flirty too, which was probably my favorite thing about the whole trip :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment