Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Just Checking In

I'm still here! I promise!
It's just that I haven't had much to write about lately. 
This winter is just dragging on and on, which means we don't get out much.
We have had 2 or 3 nice days though (And by nice I mean, 45 degrees...) So we were able to get a little bit of fresh air this week. However, we are supposed to be getting snow again this weekend.



School has been keeping me busy, I just finished one class, started another, and finished up midterms in another. Lots of work, but it's manageable.

This pregnancy is chugging along. On Sunday, we will officially be in the 3rd trimester! Woo! I went to the doctors a couple of weeks ago to do my glucose test, and everything looks great! It was the first time this pregnancy that I was measured too, and I feel like I am huge, but the doctor said I was measuring perfectly, so I guess that means I'm only a tiny whale, instead of a giant one like I thought I was. All my old stretch marks are coming back (and some new ones...) and my belly button is beginning to disappear again. And my pants are in their last week or two of being comfortable. I am on the very last notch on my belt :-(

 (Taken at 25 weeks, 5 days, I'm now 27 weeks, 5 days)

I'm still feeling uncomfortable. My sciatic nerve is a million times better, but my hips and back hurt constantly. But, I'm healthy, and baby is healthy, so I don't have much to complain about.

We are still stuck on a name. We just can't seem to find one we really really like.

Savannah is wilder than ever, but I wouldn't have her any other way! She's picking up new words every day, and surprises me with what she learns. The other night we were rolling a ball back and forth between each other on the floor, and she stood up, gave me a big hug and said "Mommy best friend!". I didn't even know she knew what a "best" friend was! Needless to say, my heart melted a little.




She's currently obsessed with tacos, and requests them at every meal. Usually, I just heat up a tortilla and cheese (a "torti" as she calls them) for her. She's also been watching Wreck it Ralph for the past 3 days and runs around the house with her hands made into fists yelling "Wreck It!" That kid cracks me up!

She's been putting on a tiny bit of weight lately (so, for her she just looks normal and not like such a skinny ninny) and she has been sleeping like crazy. But every time she starts to chunk up and sleeps like this, she goes through a growth spurt! 



She also got her first bike! We were at my parents house last week, and she saw the neighbor kids playing in their driveway, so Savannah beelined it over there to play for a little while. They had an extra trike, so Savannah was scooting around with them, and when it was time to leave, she had a full on meltdown! I've never seen her cry that hard! So my mom's friend at work offered to give Savannah a radio flyer trike that didn't fit her granddaughter anymore. It was so nice of her! Savannah has been zipping up and down the hall all week on it.




We are looking foreword to her birthday in a couple of weeks. I can't believe she is going to be 2!!! I don't know what we will do to celebrate yet, I want to take her to the Discovery Gateway Children's museum, and then we will probably just do cake and ice cream with family that night. 

Well, that's about it. Not much going on. I can't wait until it really warms up and we can go do a lot more things outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment