Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Nesting

So I always thought it was funny when I would mention to someone that I cleaned my apartment, and they would ask if it was because I was "nesting". Then I would picture a great big nest in the nursery and me in a big bird outfit squatting on a giant egg.

But you know what? I now understand what it means to be in "nesting mode".

Ever since my last doctors appointment, I've come to realize that this baby is coming soon. Like, really soon. And I started to panic that I don't have absolutely everything ready. I instantly went into nesting mode. I met my mom at Babies R Us last night and we put together a registry, which was a lot of fun. Then, at about 9:30 last night I had this crazy urge to get the crib set up. I felt like I needed it done right then or I would start to panic again. So I cleaned it up and put Bryant to work figuring out how to stick it together.

This is my aunt's crib. She is letting us borrow it which is saving us a lot of money.



Unfortunately, I still have this ridiculous cold and I was feeling pretty crummy after I cleaned up the crib so I went and lied down on the couch while Bryant did all the work.


Ta Da! The finished product! Bryant is the best! He worked hard to get this thing figured out, all while I was being a sicky on the couch. Between the crib and the registry, I feel like I'm finally getting a few things done. I'm fully immersed in this "nesting process". I still feel like there is a lot to be done. Put together a shower, get the cradle from my cousins, get rid of our huge computer desk and getting a smaller one to make more room in the nursery, finish my online classes, go to the car seat class and get a car seat and several other little details. Ah! So much to do!

I'm starting to think this nesting thing would just be easier if all I had to do was build a nest and sit on an egg...

No comments:

Post a Comment