Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

5 Years

At the end of May (and I'm just getting around to writing about it now?) Bryant and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary! We couldn't find anyone who could babysit so we decided to make it a family outing with the kids. We had no plans at all, and we just kind of went with the flow. 

I had class that morning, so Bryant and the kids came and picked me up down in Orem, and we started our adventure off by picking up a half-dozen bagels from Einstein Bagels. Their honey almond shmear is to die for! 

We then cruised up to Salt Lake City. We first stopped at the City Creek Mall and slowly meandered around. Savannah thought the river going through the mall was just about the coolest thing ever. 





We then found ourselves crossing the street and walking around Temple Square. We are usually only up there during the holidays when it's freezing and crowded (but so beautiful with all the lights!) so it was nice to be out in the sun with fewer people (3 wedding parties, one Asian tour group, and a handful of other people)





After walking around the grounds, we crossed the street again and found ourselves at the church history museum.


Bryant and I had stopped to watch a video, and I looked over and saw Savannah all nestled in on the replica ship bunks. I immediately freaked out and started chewing her out, telling her to get out. And then I noticed that there was a sign saying you were welcome to climb on and try it out. Opps!








We didn't know there was a kids play-area of the museum. That was a nice surprise!


Savannah especially loved the area that taught traditional Mexican dances!


After the Museum, we stopped at our favorite Mexican food restaurant for dinner.


I think Deagan ate his weight in re-fried beans.

We also decided last minute to take the kids to see the Muppet movie. Savannah loved it, Deagan was wiggly and so Bryant and I took turns walking with him in the back of the theater.

I remember when Bryant and I were heading home from our honeymoon in Florida and I thought "I want to come back here and do this all again for our 5th anniversary!" Little did I know that we would have 2 kids and crazy schedules and limited funds that would prevent us from doing that. But it turned out to be a pretty good day-out with my little family anyway. Besides, we plan on having plenty of anniversaries in our future to eventually make it back to Florida :-)

I love you Bryant! Thank you for an incredible 5 years together!


No comments:

Post a Comment