Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Heber Creeper

Last week, I took the kids and met my family up in Heber to take a ride on the Heber Valley Railroad. A.K.A. the Heber Creeper. Savannah LOVES trains (and firetrucks, and garbage trucks, and airplanes...) and so I was really looking forward to taking her on it.

She thought the best part was getting a train ticket, and seeing all the horses and cows along the way.














Savannah would not sit down and hold still and she ended up hitting her head on the seat during the last few minutes of the ride and gave herself a bloody nose. That wasn't fun, but it didn't last long thank goodness!


^^So Sawyer and Kenna were standing in front of the train to get a picture of themselves, and Savannah runs up, and poses right next to them. But when I try go get a picture of myself with my kids, this is what happens...




 ^^Yeah, I'm hanging onto her coat's hood to try and at least keep her next to me. It didn't work.^^

They had a small pumpkin patch at the station that we were able to go and pick out a couple of pumpkins for the kids. And if you remember from last Halloween, Savannah is kind of obsessed with pumpkins and Halloween in general. 



And of course, we spent a little time taking more photos around the train yard.






It was a really short ride, Maybe only 30-45 minutes round trip and I wish it had been a lot longer. It was really fun and it was so pretty along the way. Bryant wasn't able to come because he was at work, but Savannah told him all about it for the next few days. Specifically, about how neat it was that she got a train ticket.

1 comment: